Ideas for Efficient and Productive Warehouseadrtdfmin
Although warehouses are viewed as simply a place to store finished goods, it plays significant role in customer’s buying experience. We make sure that the product ordered are in stock and thus providing our customer with best service. easyTRACK WMS addresses all challenges that question the accuracy of inventory counts. easyTRACK warehouse automation software allows the users in warehouse to manage the following operations modestly.
• Goods receiving
• Put away
• Picking & Palletizing
• Stock count
Let’s have a quick glance at the traditional warehouse management and Technowave Group’s ‘easy TRACK warehouse management system’.
• In traditional system, products are received manually which can contribute to inventory problems. This is a prolonged and dispensable method that is exposed to errors and the owner has to pay for it.
- easyTRACK WMS offers the use of mobile readers (barcode/RFID) at goods receiving, in order to identify products immediately.
- This helps to avoid all the errors related to manual receiving such as identification, counting etc.
• No use of barcode/RFID labels for new arriving materials which make it impossible to unload and receive efficiently.
- The use of barcode/RFID products for new shipments make it easy to identify each item and to relate with valid purchase order.
• No tools available to take charge of the infrastructure and mobile devices. This leads to extra work and frustration.
- The tools provided to secure, monitor and maintain performance level.
Tips for reducing Product Loss in Warehouse
1. Operator training and involvement
Training need not be complicated and lengthy. It should be consistent, easy to access, easy to remember and relevant to a position.
2. Continuous improvement process
Take a look at the distribution process and ask these questions yourself:
- Does an employee touch the product more often than necessary?
- Do multiple employees have to manage tracking the product manually?
- Does the product sit on the cart unlabeled for prolonged time?
3. Reducing manual touch points
People need to be trained and supervised. People also need not to work on a consistent rate; they need time off and no need to work for 24*7.
4. Process of goods receiving in a warehouse
Check the conformity of the goods with purchase orders.
5. Put away process
You have to control each and every step in put away process. Use an electronic data system to gather put away information.
6. Picking and Packing
Regardless of products handled, or the picking method and the equipment used, locating products by frequency of picks should be incorporated to the system design. Extensive data analysis is important in determining the best methods in finding order picking.
7. Dispatch process
The 2D code printed on the carton is scanned with programmable scanner. Additional warehouse details like Bay no/Location no/ Warehouse no /Stock no are also scanned by authorized operator.
8. Inventory Count
Just remind about 3 C and 1S.
Clean: Dispose of items that cannot be used.
Consider: Rearrange parts and work stations, so that works moves in an orderly fashion.
Complete: Complete what are in “started” so that goods are not left in “on process” stage.
Summary: If your warehouse need some help, document it properly and inform the authority.
Think of the words by Andy Eastes: “Don’t wait until the annual physical inventory count to perform regular inventory control audits. Perform cycle counts and analyze their discrepancies to perfect the time it to take you to go through all locations”.